Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ushijima the Loan Shark (闇金ウシジマくん, 'Yamikin Ushijima-kun') is a Japanese manga series by Shohei Manabe. It won the 56th Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga. It was adapted into a live action television drama series in 2010 and into a live action film in 2012. A second live action film, Ushijima the Loan Shark 2, is scheduled to be released on May 16, 2014.
In recent years, Japan has become the shining light of Asia - with its noteworthy achievements in the fields of Science and Technology, Medicine and the like. But while there are a great number of rich and successful Japanese people, there are even more who are engaged in a furious struggle simply to earn their day-to-day living expenses...all the while battling with dangerous and money-consuming addictions such as gambling and alcoholism.
What will these people do when they require the cash to feed the never-ending desires that are part and parcel of being human? How miserable and dangerous might their lives become if they fall into the fearful traps that are set by black market money-lenders with the sole purpose of ensnaring such weak-willed individuals?
- ↑ "小学館漫画賞" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. http://comics.shogakukan.co.jp/mangasho/. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- ↑ "56th Shogakukan Manga Award Winners Announced (Updated)". Anime News Network. 2011-01-21. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-21/56th-shogakukan-manga-award-winners-announced. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- ↑ "Ushijima the Loan Shark Manga Gets Live-Action Show". Anime News Network. 2010-08-09. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-08-09/ushijima-the-loan-shark-manga-gets-live-action-show. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- ↑ "Ushijima the Loan Shark Manga Gets Live-Action Film". Anime News Network. 2011-08-03. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-03/ushijima-the-loan-shark-manga-gets-live-action-film. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- ↑ Kevin Ma (May 13, 2014). "Frozen tops Japan B.O. for tenth weekend". Film Business Asia. http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/frozen-tops-japan-bo-for-tenth-weekend. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- ↑ "闇金ウシジマくん Part2 (2014)" (in Japanese). alcinema.net. Stingray. http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_c.php?num_c=347766. Retrieved May 15, 2014.