Page count: 65
Last checked: October 22, 2016
The Princess and the Pilot (とある飛空士への追憶, To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku; lit. "Recollections of a Certain Pilot") is a 2011 Japanese anime film, based on the fantasy light novel of the same name by Koroku Inumura. It was released in Japanese cinemas on 1 October 2011.
To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku is a joint production by Japanese animation studios Madhouse and TMS Entertainment, and it was directed by the director Jun Shishido. The cast of this film was officially revealed on 19 May 2011.
Koroku Inumura's original war romance light novel revolves around Charles Karino, a Levamme Kingdom mercenary aerial pilot who mans the twin-seater reconnaissance seaplane Santa Cruz. One day, he receives a surprise assignment: to fly over 12,000 kilometers of enemy waters to protect a girl named Fana del Moral. This mission is actually a covert operation as the original escort was taken down by enemy. Charles eventually discovers that both the original operation and the covert operation have been figured by the enemy decoding military telegraphs sent by the crown prince to Fana.
- Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta, light novel series set in the same universe.
- ↑ Template:Citation/make link. Anime News Network. 4 December 2010. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-04/to-aru-hikushi-e-no-tsuioku-light-novel-reportedly-gets-film. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- ↑ Template:Citation/make link. eiga.com. http://eiga.com/movie/56382/. Retrieved 26 May 2011. (Japanese)
- ↑ Template:Citation/make link. Anime News Network. 1 April 2011. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-04-01/madhouse-tms-confirmed-on-to-aru-hikoshi-e-no-tsuioku. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Template:Citation/make link. Tokyograph. 19 May 2011. http://www.tokyograph.com/news/kamiki-ryunosuke-taketomi-seika-to-play-main-voices-in-madhouses-to-aru-hikuushi-e-no-tsuioku. Retrieved 26 May 2011. This is a translation of the original article by eiga.com
- ↑ "The Princess and the Pilot 9 Minute Digest Streamed" Anime News Network. Retrieved 29 December 2011.