Wiki founding: October 14, 2008
Page count: 1,682
Last checked: June 18, 2017
Fanon Wiki: Saint Seiya Fanon Wiki
- Action , Fantasy
- Martial Arts , Mythic Fiction
- Anime, Manga, Light Novel, OVA, Film, Game, Picture book"Picture book" is not in the list of possible values (Anime, Manga, Light Novel, Visual Novel, Novel, OVA, Film, Live Action, TV drama, Game, Unannounced, Manhua, Manhwa, Audio Drama) for this property., Slot Machine"Slot Machine" is not in the list of possible values (Anime, Manga, Light Novel, Visual Novel, Novel, OVA, Film, Live Action, TV drama, Game, Unannounced, Manhua, Manhwa, Audio Drama) for this property.
- Saint Seiya - Saintia Shou
Saint Seiya (聖闘士星矢, Seinto Seiya), also known as Knights of the Zodiac, is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Masami Kurumada and serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1986 to 1991, and adapted into an anime TV series by Toei Animation from 1986 to 1989.
Both the anime and manga were very successful in Japan, Brazil and several European countries, including France, Italy, and Spain, but neither of them were translated in English until 2003. Four animated feature films were even shown in Japanese theaters. However the anime was canceled and left unfinished in 1989. In 2002, Toei Animation continued the anime in the form of three OVA series (the final one ended in 2008) in order to adapt the remaining manga story arcs, and following this revival of the franchise, a fifth film was screened in 2004.
Six years before the events at the focus of the series, one hundred orphans from Japan are sent to different parts of the world to become legendary warriors known as "Saints", who are the soldiers under the command of Greek goddess Athena. These warriors are under the protection of a celestial constellation.
The power of the Saints originates from the understanding of the "Cosmo". The concept of the "Cosmo" advocates that each atom within a human body resembles a small solar system, and since the human body consists of billions of atoms, the totality forms a "small Cosmo" or a "small Universe". Each person's Cosmo has its own unique signature. The Saints take the knowledge of the Cosmo to the next level: since humans are composed of atoms, humans should be able to use the mysterious forces behind the atoms to achieve super human feats.
The story focuses on one of these orphans named Seiya. He is sent to the Sanctuary in Greece to become the Pegasus Saint. After six years, Seiya becomes the Pegasus Saint and returns to Japan to find his older sister. Because his sister disappeared the same day Seiya went to the Sanctuary, Saori Kido, the granddaughter of the person who sent all the orphans to train, makes a deal with him to go to fight in a tournament called the Galaxian Wars, where the orphans who survived and became Bronze Saints must fight to win the most powerful Cloth: The Sagittarius Gold Cloth. If Seiya goes to compete there and wins, Saori would start a search to find Seiya's sister.
During the series, Seiya becomes the partner and friend of other Bronze Saints: Shun, Shiryu, Ikki, and Hyoga. As the myth of the saints, they must fight together to protect the reincarnation of the goddess Athena from any danger.
- Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
- Saint Seiya: Next Dimension (canon)
- Saint Seiya Omega
- Saint Seiya: Gigantomachy (considered canon by the original's creator)
- Saint Seiya: Episode.G
- Saint Seiya - Saintia Shou
- Blue Warriors (canon)
- Saint Seiya Wiki (indonesia)
- Saint Seiya Wiki (Spanish)
- 聖闘士星矢のウィキ ("Wiki of Saint Seiya") (Japanese)
- Saint Seiya Wiki (Italian)