Page count: 302
Last checked: June 3, 2016
- Comedy , Drama , Psychological , Romance
- Seinen , School Life , Ecchi , Prison
- Anime, Manga, OVA, Live Action, TV drama, Drama CD"Drama CD" is not in the list of possible values (Anime, Manga, Light Novel, Visual Novel, Novel, OVA, Film, Live Action, TV drama, Game, 4koma Manga, Picture book, Vocaloid song, Vomic, Slot Machine, Unannounced, Manhua, Manhwa, Audio Drama) for this property.
Prison School ("
On the outskirts of Tokyo stands Hachimitsu Academy, a private all-girls boarding school for sporting elite young women that upholds traditional rules on its campus. But on April 2011 as the new school year rolls around, one tradition is going out the window: one of the strictest girls academies in Tokyo has decided to admit boys into their school system. Kiyoshi Fujino, one of the few accepted students, is thrilled by this discovery, but little does he know of the shocking fate that awaits him when only five boys enter the cohort, with a 1:200 boy-to-girl ratio on the first day of school. And to their dismay, none of the thousand girls will either talk to them or acknowledge them, because of the USC's threats about interaction with the boys. A series of perverted accidents causes the five boys to be internally imprisoned in the school's Prison Block and receive an ultimatum from the USC to either stay a month in the prison or be expelled. The story focuses on their attempts to stay inside the school and integrate despite a number of incidents and resistance from girls and the Underground Student Council.
An anime adaptation by J.C.Staff in cooperation with Genco, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Movic, Showgate and Klokworx was announced for July 2015 on the cover of Volume 14. The first episode premiered on TV Tokyo on July 10, 2015 with BS11, KBS, Sun TV, TV Aichi airing on July 12th & July 13th, 2015. The first season was twelve episodes in length, airing from July 11th, 2015 to September 26th, 2015 in censored form. A Funimation subtitled version and overdubbed version aired within the original run of the season, which was simulcasted on their website. Viewster licensed simulcasting rights in the United Kingdom with Madman Entertainment simulcasting the first season in New Zealand and Australia. The first season will receive a six-volume BD and DVD release by Warner Bros. bundling two episodes each along with multiple bonus materials.
監獄学園" is often erroneously transliterated as "Kangoku Gakuen" rather than "Purizun Sukūru".
- Anime site - Prison School official anime site.
- Young Magazine - Prison School Young Magazine manga site.
- Twitter - Prison School official anime Twitter.
- Kodansha - Prison School manga publisher page.
- Yen Press - Prison School English manga publisher page.
- Prison School live-action TV drama official site