Page count: 17
Last checked: July 13, 2017
Guin Saga (グイン・サーガ, Guin Sāga) is a best-selling heroic fantasy novel series by the Japanese author Kaoru Kurimoto, in continuous publication since 1979. A record 100 volumes were originally planned, but the final total stands at 130 volumes, the last four published posthumously, with 21 side-story novels. She was working on the 130th volume of Guin Saga up until 23 May 2009, after which point she became too ill to write. After the 100th book in the series was published in 2005, an event to celebrate this was held in Tokyo, with 600 attending. Guin Saga is the longest continuing single-writer's work in the world with total circulation exceeding 28 million worldwide. The main story of Guin Saga, will resume on November 8, four years after the passing of the original author. Yū Godai will publish Volume 131 Parro no Ankoku on that date, followed by Yume Yohino's Volume 132 Cylon no Banka in December.
The story centres around a mysterious warrior named Guin, an amnesiac with a leopard mask magically affixed to his head. Remembering nothing but his fighting instincts and the word "Aurra", he confronts a world laden with danger, intrigue, and magic.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The Leopard Mask: The Guin Saga, Book 1". sfsite.com. http://www.sfsite.com/09b/gs160.htm. Retrieved March 7, 2009.
- ↑ "Guin Saga Author Kaoru Kurimoto Passes Away at 56 (Updated)". Anime News Network. May 26, 2009. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-26/guin-saga-author-kaoru-kurimoto-passes-away-at-56. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- ↑ "栗本薫さん「グイン・サーガ」１２９巻出版へ…絶筆１３０巻も" (in Japanese). yomiuri.co.jp. http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/national/culture/news/20090527-OYT1T01174.htm. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- ↑ http://book.asahi.com/news/TKY200504090221.html
- ↑ "Introduction". guinsaga.net. http://www.guinsaga.net/en/intro.html. Retrieved March 7, 2009.
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-31/guin-saga-to-resume-4-years-after-original-novelist-passing