Page count: 208
Last checked: May 28, 2017
Ultimate Otaku Teacher, also known as Denpa Kyōshi (電波教師; lit. "Electromagnetic-wave Teacher" ) is a 2011 Japanese manga series, written and illustrated by Takeshi Azuma. The series began serialization in Shogakukan's Weekly Shōnen Sunday magazine, with the 2011 49th issue, published on October 2, 2011. As of November 18, 2013, there have been 9 compiled volumes published. Two short anime clips, produced by A-1 Pictures and serving as promotion for the manga have been released.
The story follows Jun'ichirō Kagami, whose sister Suzune is angry at him because of his complete disinterest in the real world. As Jun'ichirō is interested in nothing but anime, manga and games, Suzune forces him to go on a job as a physics teacher substitute at the same high school from which he graduated. Jun'ichirō proves himself a capable and hardworking teacher who comes with unorthodox methods based on the seemingly useless knowledge he obtained as an otaku to teach and motivate his students.
- w:c:denpakyoshi - duplicate
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Denpa Kyōshi Manga's 2nd Anime Ad by A-1 Pictures Aired". Anime News Network. February 17, 2013. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-17/denpa-kyoshi-manga-2nd-anime-ad-by-a-1-pictures-aired. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- ↑ "Electromagnetic-wave" (電波, denpa) is used in Japanese to refer to a person who acts bizarrely, such as extreme otaku, or holds odd beliefs, similar to the English term "tin foil hat".
- ↑ "「超弩級少女」の東毅、新連載の主役はギークな高校教師" (in Japanese). Natalie.mu. October 2, 2011. http://natalie.mu/comic/news/59020. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- ↑ "電波教師 9 (少年サンデーコミックス)" (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/409124498X. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- ↑ Green, Scott (October 3, 2012). "VIDEO: Anime "Denpa Kyoushi " Promo". Crunchyroll. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/10/03/video-anime-denpa-kyoushi-promo. Retrieved June 12, 2013.